The Phoenix Village Art Center collaborates with other organizations to host a variety of local community events to get both children and adults involved with visual arts. Events are held throughout the year, and range from special exhibits to hands-on participation.
A list of events is provided below.
The Tin Foil Hat Competition & Monster Photo Op Booth during the Blobfest
July 11 - July 12, 2014
Come out and celebrate the annual Phoenixville Blobfest with the Phoenix Village Art Center. Enter the Tin Foil Hat Competition & pose with larger than life monsters in our photo op display! Winners will be determined by popular vote, and will be announced on SATURDAY, JULY 12 with CASH PRIZES!
There will be 3 age categories Child, Teen, and Adult. Voting is open to the public for $1, with proceeds going to the artists with the most votes.
Friday, July 11
- 5:00-9:30 Registration (we will require your name, age, hat title, and a $5 fee). Drop off your hat entry and pose with our moster photo op display!
- 9:00 Colonial Theater Run Out
Saturday, July 12
- 11:00-4:00 Voting opens for the People's Choice Tin Foil Hat competition at the Phoenix
Village Art Center. Don't forget to post with our monster!
- 4:45 The winner of the tin foil hat competition will be announced outside the Colonial Theater.
2014 Tin Foil Hat Competition Winners
The 2013 TIN FOIL HAT CONTEST WINNERS
Come to the Zombie Run and Fun Day to Create Spin Art at the Phoenix Village Art Center Booth
The Art Center will have a booth at the Zombie Run & Fun Day.. Come join us to create Spin Art!
Saturday, November 2nd, from 9 am to 12 pm
Paint Your Own Pumpkin for the People's Choice Award Contest!
Phoenixvillage ART Center is hosting an in store People’s Choice Painted Pumpkin Competition for three different age categories. Pumpkin entries will be on display the day of Pumpkinfest for the public to view and pay $1 per ballot to vote for their favorites. Each ballot allows for 1 vote in each category. Proceeds from the voting will be used as cash prizes for the 1st place winners.
Registration: 10 am -12 pm
Viewing & Voting: 1 pm - 5 pm
Rules & Regulations:
- Only 1 Entry per person
- Registrants must supply their own Pumpkin
- Registrants can select any size or shape pumpkin (as long as it can be carried by one person)
- The Pumpkin must be painted by the registrant only
- The Pumpkin must be painted prior to Check-In Time
- Pumpkins submitted after Check-In Time will be disqualified
- A $5 entry fee is due at Check-In time
Follow this link to pre-register before October 20th:
Categories & Prizes:
25 Entries Maximum in each category
- Children (Ages 10 & Under)
- Youth (Ages 11-16)
- Adult (Ages 17 & Up)
A Cash Prize is given to the 1st place winner in each category. The Cash Prize amount is determined by voter turn out and no amount is guaranteed
Empty Bowls Fundraiser
November 8th, 2013
Would you like to come and make a bowl to help support the Empty Bowl Fundraiser for PACS? Well here's what you have to do:
CREATE THE BOWLS
Join us Saturday at the Green Earth Festival at the Phoenixville Farmers' Market on September 21st to create the bowls. CLICK HERE for more information on the Green Earth Festival. Consult the map below for directions.
GLAZE THE BOWLS
Join us again on October 5th during the Kiwanis Community Day at Reeves Park to glaze the bowls. Consult the map below for directions. For more information on Kiwanis Community Day, CLICK HERE to visit the Phoenixville Kiwanis Club's website.
The Blob Fest/Tin Foil Hat Competition
July 12 - July 13, 2013
Come out and celebrate the annual Phoenixville Blobfest with the Phoenix Village Art Center, and enter the Tin Foil Hat Competition!
Winners will be determined by popular vote, and will be announced on SATURDAY, JULY 13 with CASH PRIZES!
Registration and the stage parade will take place at the parking lot at the corner of Bridge and Main st.
If you are interested, here is the schedule for Friday (July 12)
- 7:30-8:15 Registration (we will require your name, age, hat title, and
a $5 fee)
- 8:00-8:30 The Tin Foil Hat Stage Parade
- 8:30-9:15 Either immediately bring your hats back to the Phoenix
Village Art Center, OR wear it during the Colonial Theatre RUN OUT and then bring it back to the Art Center
- 9:30-10:30 Voting opens for the People's Choice Tin Foil Hat
competition at the Phoenix Village Art Center
Voting will also be open on Saturday from 11am to 4pm
WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SATURDAY JULY 13 AT 4:45 AT THE COLONIAL THEATRE
NAMES OF THE WINNERS (IN ORDER BY APPEARANCE IN SLIDE SHOW ABOVE)
- 1st Place: A8 Treehouse of Horrors Comes Back for the Simpsons by Stephanie Atkins
- 2nd Place: A3 Downingtown Diner by Lori Reed
- 3rd Place: A5 Godspeed Ray Harry Hauser by Hannah Homer
- 1st Place (Tie): Y11 Plague Doctor by Ian Archer
- 1st Place (Tie): Y9 Colonial Invasion by Kennedy Feindt
- 3rd Place: Y10 Bender with Scorpion by Bryson McElliott
- 1st Place: C6 Blob Catcher 3001 by Scott Woronko
- 2nd Place: C1 The Blob by Julia Memmo
- 3rd Place:C3 Ghost Town by Sofia Marchionne
Clay Bird Workshops
Please pre-register, space is limited. Cost is $25 per person
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 610 983-9430
In person: at the Phoenix Village Art Center 207 Bridge St. Phoenixville
We need your name(s), phone and e-mail contact info in case of weather issues, and payment. We accept cash, check or credit card (Master Card and Visa).
The Myth of the Phoenix: Near the end of its life-cycle, the phoenix builds a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and twigs burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new young phoenix arises, reborn anew to live again.
Workshop Description: Come celebrate the revitalization of Phoenixville!! Clay birds will be hand formed with clay and stamped with 2012. The birds are made with a simple “pinch” method and people of all ages are invited to participate.
The birds will dry and then be pre-fired before the festival. This prepares the clay body for the quick and intense heat that the birds are exposed to during the burning of the “Firebird”. The day after the festival (1:00 to 3:00) you will be able to come to the firebird site to witness and assist in digging the birds out of the ashes. Any birds that are not picked up that day will be taken to the art center. It will be your responsibility to come and pick them up at your convenience during our regular hours.